This blog is primarily Philippine Passport Holder
If you’re a fan of Koreanovela, admire Descendants of the Sun’s Song Hye Kyo or wants to marry Legend of the Blue Sea’s Lee Min Ho, this is for you. Even not but you want to enjoy Cherry Blossom or try Seoul beauty regimen, why not visit The Land of the Morning Calm? But first you need a visa.
What you need?
- A duly accomplished Application Form
- Available at Embassy
- Copy of QID and Passport
- Employment Certificate: Position and Salary mention
- c/o your HR Department
- for Hamad Medical Corporation employees, apply online through Oracle for Visa Letter address to Republic of Korea. There’s two Korea so make sure to select the right one. How did I know this? Yup, I applied for North Korea.
- Company’s Computer Card
- For private sector refer to your HR Department.
- Government employees including HMC, not needed.
- Official 3 months’ salary bank statement, Signed/Stamped by bank (Online Print NOT ACCEPTED)
- c/o you Bank. If you’re worried you won’t get it at office hours, try your bank branch in malls. Most banks provide bank statement six months and below to any of their branch. If not sure, call your bank toll free number located at the back of your ATM card.
- FAQ How much show money do I need? The correct answer as per embassy is 5000USD or 18000QR. Do you need that much? Preferably. But as long as you have a reasonable consistent cash flow so far they’re considerate especially to government employees. To maximize your chances, request bank statement right after salary arrives before sending money back home.
- Copy of Airplane Ticket (ROUND TRIP)
- Hotel Booking/Confirmation
- Your name should reflect on the booking
- One latest Passport-size ID picture (WHITE BACKGROUND)
Where to go:
P.O. Box 3727 New Diplomatic ,
To get inside the compound you need to go through MOFA security check and ride on bus provided.
Email: [email protected]
Consular Section Office hours: 7:30-12:00 13:0-15:00
59 days and below: Gratis.Free.Nothing.Zero. Single entry
6 Months Double entry= 280QR
What to do:
For verification purposes call the embassy first. With your requirements and passport, submit it to embassy, visa processing takes 3-5 WORKING days.
Note: Check Passport and QID/Qatar Visa expiry. Standard rules apply
Jeju Province officially known as Jeju Special Self-Governing Province visa is not needed BUT tickets directly to Jeju are expensive. Best option is to fly to Incheon International Airport in Seoul then take a 30 minutes AREX airport express to Gimpo International Airport, which means you need to go through immigration and thus you need a visa. No direct flight from Philippines to Jeju. If you’re coming from Philippines, another option is to take a stopover in country with direct flight to Jeju, our immigration may put you in tight spot though.
How to check visa application status?
You can check it on here. Type of Application: Diplomatic Office. Select the drop down Passport No.
How long do you need to stay in Qatar before you can apply for Korean Tourist Visa?
When can you apply for a visa?
3 months before departure.
When can you reapply for a visa?
After 6 months, I know ouch. Learned this the hard way.
Enroll in a Passport Pack either Ooredoo or Vodafone for 100qr/week. You can enroll before you leave or upon arrival. I preferred upon arrival to maximize my internet life.
Download Korean Subway app, there’s a lot to choose from the internet. it will make your commute much easier. I liked subway better than bus or taxi cause it’s cheaper and it gets you everywhere.
Disclaimer: This post is only a guide, visa processing and requirements subject to change without prior notice; please refer to South Korea’s Qatar Embassy official website or call +974 44832238/9